Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Birthday...and A Few More Pincushions

I would be remiss if I did not take a minute and wish my youngest a Happy Birthday today. Her birthday is the third of eight that we celebrate this month.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LES!

I made one of these pincushions last week (previous post) and was very surprised just how quickly it went together. When I find something that is quick and easy I usually make several and so here are a few more of the same that I made tonight. I love that they are the same, but different.
A top view...sitting in the snow...

...and here's a side view so you can see the different fabrics that I used...
All of the fabrics that I used are from my stash.
If you need a new pincushion, or even if you don't...try this pattern...it's quick, easy, fun, and best of all you probably have a lot of fabric choices right in your stash;) You can find the pattern over at May Britt's blog...Abyquilt...
I hope that you are all having a good week with lots of sewing time.
Stay warm, or cool where ever you may be;)

13 comments:

Helena said...

Lovely pincushions, really love the colours. I made one from that pattern a while ago and there will be more some day.

Joanna said...

I love these pincushions, and the fabric you used to make them! Just lovely:)

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute pincushions Karen. I love the fabric that you chose for them.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice pincushions........I have the tut saved just need to have a go at them.........

amandajean said...

those are cute pincushions! happy birthday to Les!

Solstitches said...

What a lovely array of pincushions. All of the fabrics you used are so nice.
I saved these instructions somewhere and now I feel inspired to try one for myself.

Margaret

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great pincushions Karen. And I want to wish your family members a belated happy birthday. You celebrate them all right away huh?? lol

Annette said...

Such cute fabric! These pincushions look so fun. Great work.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

These are wonderful. I love the shape. I tend to shy away from things with points like this because they end up round when I do them. I have to say you did a really great job.

A Quilting Journey said...

I've come visiting courtesy of Marcie's blog and I am sure glad I did! What adorable pincushions...little starflowers, snowflowers, starfruit, starfishes...they are darling!And you made one of each species;) Michele With Heart and Hands

Emi said...

-Hellooo! Your pincunhions are wonderful, full of color.

If you want to see progress in my store you'll http://emiquilts-
latienda.blogspot.com

Con cariño Emi.

Valerie said...

I love these pin cusions. I also love your blog.

Bec said...

What lovely pincushions! They look fantastic!
Bec xxx