Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Needle Case and a Pincushion


This is the pattern that I won from a drawing that Cheryl had a couple of weeks ago. I think it will be fun to make, but I don't think I'll get to it until sometime in August.


I will have family here visiting for a couple of weeks and then I'm heading to California to visit my oldest daughter and her girls and to go to the second annual International Quilt Festival that's going to be held in Long Beach;)

This is the logo from last year.


I participated in a pincushion swap last month.

This is what I used to make the pincushion for my swapee...



I did a little quilting...

can you see it???

Right there in the center...

on the orange...



...added a little homemade piping...
Used to make piping all the time when my kids were little and I did a lot of smocking;)

...did a little more stitching...

...and this is how it turned out...

...a view from the side...




...and a view from the top...





Now, in the world of pincushions, this one would be considered an extra large pincushion. Maybe even XXL!!! Ya know the kind that won't ever get lost??? If you spread your fingers out as far as you can and measure from your thumb to your pinky...you'll get the idea...like I said, XXL;)

I mailed it off to Jantine, in the Netherlands, along with a quilt magazine, embroidery floss, a pretty pink fat quarter, and a spool of variegated pink thread.
She has posted pictures on her blog;)
Stop by and pay her a visit. You'll be happy you did;)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with TOST;)

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful pincushion.........

Emi said...

-Hello! It is all wonderful as always, congratulations and have a happy week.

Gracias, todo maravilloso, que tengas una feliz semana, con cariño Emi.

Nanette Merrill said...

The design and fabrics are just too cute. Love it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a cute cushion! :-)

Stina Blomgren said...

Ok.. I made that pincushion too.. and how in the world did you do the piping.. it looks great?? :o)

Solstitches said...

I love that pincushion! The bigger the better so far as I'm concerned.
I did some piping for the first time a few weeks ago. I had a real struggle with it - you make it sound so easy LOL.
Such a pretty pattern you won and wow, what a deal you got on the new sewing machine. Enjoy!

Margaret